Emily And The Garbage
Thomas And The Spaceship
Michael Brandon (US)
Michael Angelis (UK)
Sep. 5, 2007
To the dismay of the other engines, Spencer is visiting the Island of Sodor. Upon steaming brashly into the yard, Spencer infuriates Thomas by ordering the tank engine to shunt his coaches. Thomas is cross and determines to show that he is better than Spencer. All of Thomas' attempts to out-do Spencer fail, but when the Duke of Boxford urgently needs to return to the mainland and Spencer's fire is slow to start, Thomas gets the job of pulling the Duke to the airport.
- The Duke of Boxford
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Percy (Doesn't Speak)
- Jeremy (Doesn't Speak)
- Duchess of Boxford (Doesn't Speak)
- Gordon (Cameo)
- Henry (Cameo)
- James (Cameo)
- Bill (Cameo)
- Ben (Cameo)
- Annie and Clarabel (Cameo)
- Rocky (Cameo)
- Centre Island Quarry
- Tidmouth Sheds
- Gordon's Hill
- Sodor Airport
- Bluff's Cove Junction
- Shunting Yards
- Knapford (Deleted Scene)
- In the scene at Tidmouth Sheds, you can see behind Thomas' eye.
- Spencer runs through a cloud of dust, but comes out without a speck on his paint.
- The narrator says that the Duke and Duchess' royal crest was placed on Thomas' boiler when it was actually placed on his side-tanks.
- How could Thomas got himself covered in quarry dust if he wasn't by the chute?
- Thomas can and has pulled heavy loads up Gordon's Hill.
- When Thomas races past Emily, Emily is not coupled to her coaches.
- Surely the Duke and Duchess' royal crest would be painted on Spencer's tender rather than placed on his boiler.
- A brakevan should have been added to Thomas' train.
- This episode's title is based on the song "Dream On" by the American Hard Rock band, Aerosmith.
- The scene of Thomas trying to go as fast as Spencer is sped up.
- In Germany, this episode is called "Spencer the Show-off". The Japanese title is "Longing for Thomas". In Poland, the episode title is "Dreams". In Sweden this episode is called "The Dream Goes". In Holland, the episode is called "Spencer Super Train".